Aug 09 2009
Choose Life, Choose a cool car, Choose to outrun the coppers, Choose funky gameplay.
Grand Theft Auto and its gritty depiction of gangster-carjacking life has been the subject of a great deal of debate and controversy. Particularly in the UK and the US where incensed government officials called to have the game banned.
Experience for yourself every classic car chase ever seen. Race at breakneck speed through an immense, living city out-running and out-witting rival gang members, mercenaries, hired killers and an entire police force.
Drive dozens of varied vehicles around three of America’s toughest cities. Only the best will be able to tame the fastest cars. Only the smartest will know all the short-cuts and the whereabouts of the hottest wheels. Only the toughest will be able to take on the world and finish the job like a professional.
- Over 2000km of Roads, Freeways, Alleyways and Dead Ends.
- 20 Different car types in each city – each modelled to reflect real handling and speed.
- Intelligently controlled Police, Fire and Ambulance services.
- Working Public Transport.
- Nice parks and other places to stop for a quick bite to eat.
- Police forces ranging in aggression from complacent to homicidal lunatics with guns (so it’s real then).
- Hospitals, Banks, Strip Clubs, Military Bases and Harbours.
- Over 60 minutes of 16-Bit, digitally recorded NEW music featuring Techno, Dance, Funk, Hip-Hop and Industrial.
- More Blood.
- Over 200 different missions featuring : Grand Theft Auto, Drug Smuggling, Kidnapping, Slaughter, Double Parking, Under-age smoking, Murder, Hijacking and Setting fire to monks (no, really).
- More horrible, horrible weapons than you could shake the wet end of a severed arm at.
- Oh, yes and full 24-Bit colour running in real-time.
- Blood, Blood, Sticky Clotted Blood, Runny Blood and Guts.
- Nuns with Guitars (Weather permitting).
- A unique, zooming, top-down view.
- Over 6000 km of freeways, back streets, roads, alleyways and dead ends.
- Complete freedom of movement; no fixed track you choose where you want to go.
- Outrageous Hollywood style car handling
- 16.7 million colours.
- A 60 minute soundtrack featuring all new music by some of today’s hottest new acts.
- Open ended mission structure complete jobs the way YOU want to.
- Hidden missions, secret areas and insane powerups ensure that something new is never far away.
- No limitations: 100% open driving, 100% open vehicles, 100% action.